Happy New Year! Another Resolution Post! Yay!

9:19 PM Posted by HD

It’s a new year and along with everyone else in this crazy world, I believe that this is my year for some change. After thinking long and hard of all of the classic cliché resolutions that I could think of, I settled on a couple of things that I felt would best help me to grow creatively and also help me work towards getting out of the cell block cubicle which is my work life. I mean what could go wrong….

If I fail (and that's a big IF), I will only be right back to square one, sitting here in the same position, slouched over the dark corner of my computer desk as this anxiety sets in and the mad rush of thoughts come together to help me find the best way to get out of my dire circumstances. So, though I may be doomed for failure, with a 0-10 record as of December 31 2010, I am aiming for the following:

1. Photography

Blah blah everyone wants to be a photographer blah. Yes, I do enjoy my handy camera though I don't use it as much as I would like to. I am currently relegated to shooting the shit out of family gatherings and chasing down a soon to be 2 year old who does not understand the concept of stillness. So this year I am going to force myself to do more foot work and get out with my camera in hand to shoot the sh!t out of this city. If all else fails I could fall in to the category of being a creep or the typical Asian tourist and if you’re lucky I might even throw in a little accent in there to play the role up.

2. Writing

Let me take the time to break down the number of post that I have put down since inception.

12 post in 3 years, hmm lets divide.

That’s one every few, let’s say two of them were due.

One was so so, the other was my first post.

That’s 1 post every 3 month average.

Man that’s so lame.

So that should sum up why I’m back on the website. It’s not like I had much readers to begin with and I really don’t have much to say besides my ‘one and every few’ thoughtful post, but this is the year of change and progression. So let’s see how far this goes.

3. Patience/Passion

This will probably be the hardest thing for me to develop because I have absolutely no patience. But to pursue some of these passions I have built up inside of me, I’m going to need a lot of patience. I still have no learned the concept of patience and it has affected me in various parts of my life. For me the lack of patience only brings about anxiety and forces me to give up on things too soon. So for me to turn this new leaf I need patience.

0 comments: